• Due to the extensive impact of the SARS CoV 2 virus (COVID 19 pandemic, HMR developed an analysis of the weekly market evolution to understand a possible change in consumer behaviour at the pharmacy level in Ireland;
• In January and February the dispensary market and its main therapeutic classes have experienced weekly sales with very similar trends to the homologous weeks of 2019;
• This scenario started to change at the end of February ramping to a 4.7% growth in the first week of March, peaking in the second week of March with a growth of 28.1% and showing a growth of 15.4% in the third week, when compared to the exact same weeks of March 2019;
• In the 4th week of March the market has decreased by 1.9% vs last year, showing a possible supply normalisation of the
market when compared to the initial weeks of March.
• The main cause of this evolution is obviously related to the impact of CV 19;